I was struggling at the end finding the right words to tell my story and expressing my own voice. I'm not a master at typography so this explains why I was so slow with this part of my book. Although I liked the contrast of digital text and traditionally painted illustrations, I felt like it was restricting my self-expression. So I took a water-brush and spent a whole week writing verbs in each spread to express specific action. I also used coloured ink so it turned out to be more playful.
Below is an example of my progression with typography on a single spread from my book. I kept changing sizes, typefaces, compositions and words until I found the right solution for it.
I only had a week to work on my handwritten words before sending my book to print. It was both stressful and enjoyable at the same time!
I felt so overwhelmed by the typography at one point, I didn't draw for quite a long time. Fortunately, I'm coming back to sketching again. Here are some random characters from my sketchbook. I used a couple of them in my picture book.
My final BA project is not over yet, so there will be more updates later on, including finished spreads from my book and some reflection on my story. Thanks for waiting!