Saturday 2 February 2013

Hello!

Welcome to my first blog. I will do my best to make it playful and enjoyable. I'll be posting my sketches, ideas, finished illustrations and other things related to my art projects and daily life.

First, I would like to share the creative process of my most recent project done at Vilnius Academy of Arts. I collaborated with my sister Margarita. For those of you who don't know, we are not identical twins. We've tried collaborating on small projects before, but this was our first attempt to make a picture book together.

In the beginning, we thought we could draw together to create one story. We wanted to show the contrast between twins: how they don't want to be similar and don't always get along, but still manage to live together and appreciate each other. In the end, we decided to tell our stories separately and unified by one theme "two" (collaboration is not easy, even for twins). Both of these stories feature twins as main characters.

My story is based on the experience I had throughout this unique project and the struggles I had while creating an original story. I experimented with quill and black ink in my sketchbook but in the end settled with a brush pen and three colours of ink on rice paper for more texture. Below are some examples of my character designs for twins.

 
 








 

To find out more about this book please visit my blog tomorrow. Also, make sure you visit Margarita's blog. See you!


No comments:

Post a Comment