Wednesday 13 February 2013

Lithuanian Winter

Before it's actually over, I'd like to share some photos of the beautiful winter in my country Lithuania. It's actually the most stunning when sun is shining. My favourite thing to do on such days is walking in a park nearby. So magical and so peaceful, even with kids playing around in snow. I can't help but smile when I see those enthusiastic little creatures or a weird snowman left behind them. Those are the best things about Lithuanian winter, in my opinion. Of course, you have to visit here and see for yourselves :)
 
A big forest near my hometown Siauliai I love to visit.
Look at those endlessly tall snowy pines



 
Vilnius in the evening


I realized kids are the best artists out there, or at least the most sincere.
Just look at those majestic masterpieces of snow we found in a park in Vilnius!
 
 

My sister insisted we build a small one too...
 
 
Walking along a frozen river in the same park
 
 
 
This was just a glimpse of what Lituanian winter actually looks like. Too bad we don't have that many sunny days. That's probably why I prefer summer or spring, but Lithuania can be beautiful in any season, autumn, winter, spring or summer. The nature is just fantastic and that's probably the main reason why I love my small country so much. Nature is a huge treasure and a constant source of inspiration for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment